Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Reflections of a Contented Mom

Comfy sofa, with overstuffed pillows cradle my tired and aching body and back.  Oldest Son fixed a yummy dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.  Dishwasher quietly hums.  Husbands comes in from work and kisses me on the cheek. Youngest Son sits at the baby grand and makes music, song after song, after song.  White lights twinkle on the bannister.  Nine foot Christmas tree illuminates the entire living room.  Candles softly glow in the windows.  Heat is perfect, room is swaddled in peace and warmth.  Home.  Love.  Peoples.  I truly have it all.  And I am abundantly and immeasurable blessed.

To bottle this feeling and this moment, and to be able to open and use it freely, for myself and for others.  That would be my hearts desire.

Content...

No comments:

Post a Comment